The real economy employs 3 billion people in frontline jobs, yet frontline teams have been underserved by technology for decades and are left to choose between paper or 20-year-old workforce management solutions, which harm both their employees and their business.
At Sona, we’re building the Frontline Operating System; an end-to-end platform to manage the entirety of a shift-based workforce. Sona combines the functionality you expect from any workforce management software – including scheduling, time & attendance, and absence management – with dedicated features to empower staff and simplify frontline work for everyone. All in one easy-to-use platform.
We have the opportunity to build a very large, impactful and sector-defining business, and we’re off to a fast start. In year 1, we reached tens of thousands of frontline workers and raised over $10 million from Google’s AI fund – Gradient Ventures, SpeedInvest, Notion Capital and angels like Tom Blomfield, to help us reach more.
It’s a hugely exciting time to be joining the team, as we’re still small enough that you’ll have a significant impact on the company, growth trajectory and culture, but large enough that we have a great structure, experienced leaders and world-class benefits in place (such as being fully remote and flexible, and only working 4.5 days a week). More on working at Sona here.
About the Role
Payroll is a key part of our all-in-one product and is underpinned by the work of our Data team. As a Senior Data Analyst, you’ll own the end-to-end development of custom payroll reports and dashboards used directly by our customers to pay their teams.
With a rapidly growing and diversifying customer base of frontline organisations, who all have unique payroll needs, you can expect to work directly with them (alongside our wider Customer Success and Product teams) to ensure a smooth transition to Sona.
To excel in this role, you’ll need to be excited about building business-critical data solutions for customers, take a methodical approach to fixing and iterating on your work based on customer feedback, and a commitment to shipping high-quality solutions.
Day to day, you will:
- Own end-to-end development of custom payroll reports and dashboards for Sona customers, including scoping, modelling, visualisation, testing, and iteration
- Collaborate with customer stakeholders, users, and our Customer Success team to understand their requirements
- Testing all data deliverables to ensure they are accurate and meet stakeholders’ requirements and users’ needs
- Support customers with fixes and improvements throughout their Sona implementation
- Collaborate with our engineering and wider Product team to ensure new functionalities are reflected in our models and data output
We don’t have hard and fast requirements but, hopefully, lots of the following apply to you:
- You’re highly proficient in SQL, we use Postgres but experience in any variant is okay. Bonus points if you’ve used other tools in our data stack (dbt, Metabase, Fivetran).
- You’re excited about building data solutions that are used directly by customers
- You’re used to working cross-functionally with technical and customer success teams
- You’re comfortable taking briefs from stakeholders and executing them
- 4.5 day standard working week
- Share options
- Fully remote and flexible working
- 35 days annual leave (25 days standard plus 10 flexible public holiday days)
- Pension contributions matched up to 5%
- Comprehensive Health Insurance via Bupa
- Enhanced parental leave & pay
- Co-working space stipend
- Quarterly all expenses paid team retreats
- The latest Macbook and equipment for your home office
- Professional development budget
- Unlimited free books
Working at Sona
We take our health and mental health seriously, believing that we can only perform to our best when we are healthy, happy, and in control of when, where, and how we work. That’s why we’re fully remote and everyone works a 4.5 day week (you choose when you take the half day) with a fully flexible schedule.
We balance this with regular virtual stand-ups and all-hands so we’re all aligned, and paid-for, in-person meet-ups so you can get to know your colleagues.
You can learn more about the team and what it’s like working at Sona here.Diversity & Inclusivity:
A supportive culture 🤝
We will do everything we can to give you the resources and tools you need to do your best work and advance your career. Everyone gets a personal development budget and on-demand mental health support and we always welcome fresh ideas that will improve how we work collectively and individually.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.