Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you’ll be interested in joining us!
Part-time, contract, 20 hrs/wk
As a key member of the Brand team, you’ll be responsible for writing (mostly) short-form copy that delights our audiences and elevates our brand. Partnering closely with brand design, brand marketing, brand production, and growth marketing, you will embody our brand voice, craft engaging copy, and write––a lot. We need an exceptional wordsmith with outstanding attention to detail, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is energized by bringing a brand to life through the written word.
You are likely a good fit for this role if you obsess over language, get excited about distilling complex topics into compelling copy, and are a creative problem-solver at heart. We’re excited about the work Watershed is doing to empower companies to take action on climate and eager to bring it to the world. This role will help define how that shows up in marketing and communications.
- Write, constantly. Focused primarily on short-form copy, you’ll write assets that help support growth marketing (ads, promo emails), web (landing pages), brand campaigns (OOH, taglines), and more.
- Partner with the Brand Design Lead on ideation and realization of creative concepts.
- Embody, elevate, and evolve our brand voice, and craft brand language that sets the tone for subsequent work.
- Develop a copywriting process that will inform the prioritization and realization of deliverables.
- Share updates and collaborate across a suite of tools, including Google Docs, Slack, Figma, and Asana.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in a creative writing/content/copywriter role at an agency, publication, and/or in-house brand
- Exceptional writing chops, and demonstrable experience writing compelling short-form copy across multiple asset types
- Outstanding grammar, writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Comfortability working autonomously in a high-volume environment to come up with creative ideas and juggle a number of projects at once
- Confidence to own projects, ask clarifying questions, and distill feedback
- Portfolio required with application
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed’s return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in June 2021, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We’re particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one’s, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We’re also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We’re a COVID-cautious company. The office is open to vaccinated team members and we’ll continue to pay close attention to case rates to ensure it’s safe for everybody.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.Diversity & Inclusivity:
CULTIVATE A DIVERSE TEAM — We strive to build a company where people from all backgrounds feel welcomed and empowered to lead and succeed.
To apply for this job please visit watershed.com.