Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you’ll be interested in joining us!
We are looking for an Office Manager for our San Francisco HQ, which seats 175 employees. This role will support the team by bringing the SF office to life by overseeing and coordinating daily operations, office expansion, and supporting employee experience initiatives. As a member of the People team, you will be responsible for delivering an exceptional office experience, own and manage vendor relationships and create processes and playbooks.
This role will require being in our SF office in the mid-market area daily.
- Own the SF office experience: respond to employee service requests, schedule preventive and reactive maintenance via assigned vendors, and communicate and coordinate with employees
- Act as a key point of contact for all office operations while maintaining the budget, including: supply ordering, building maintenance needs, employee concerns, shipments, inventory, etc.
- Organize and support workplace planning and desk moves
- Coordinate with People team on onboarding and offboarding including desk assignments, inventory management, and desk set up.
- Curate and support employee events onsite and in the local neighborhood
- Negotiate with vendors, submits invoices, and track spending while also maintaining internal documentation and handbooks
- Support the create and execution of an environmentally sustainable facilities procedure and playbook
- 5+ years of facilities or office management experience with experience in interior design and/or emergency response a plus
- Able to meet the following operational requirements:
- An in-office schedule from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday-Friday (with occasional days earlier/later) and periodic reception support
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to prioritize work, meet deadlines and concentrate on detail in a fast-paced work environment with
- Strong communication skills to provide exceptional employee partnership, negotiate and manage
- vendors and work collaboratively with a variety of teams
- Knowledge of Notion, Envoy, and Google Workspace are a plus
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed’s return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in June 2021, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We’re particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one’s, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We’re also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We’re a COVID-cautious company. The office is open to vaccinated team members and we’ll continue to pay close attention to case rates to ensure it’s safe for everybody.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.Diversity & Inclusivity:
CULTIVATE A DIVERSE TEAM — We strive to build a company where people from all backgrounds feel welcomed and empowered to lead and succeed.
To apply for this job please visit watershed.com.