Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you’ll be interested in joining us!
Product Managers are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision and execution plan. They are passionate and entrepreneurial, and they are accountable for delivering results.
As a result, Product Management at Watershed is a hands on and cross functional role. You’ll work with Engineering, Design, Climate Strategy Managers, users, and more to decide the what and why behind our products and drive progress.
We’re hiring a product lead for Watershed’s Marketplace team. Today, Watershed’s Marketplace enables our users to invest in cutting-edge carbon removal and high-quality carbon offsets, right from the Watershed dashboard. We work directly with a roster of innovative partners, including frontier carbon removal technologies, helping build the market for cutting-edge solutions while permanently removing carbon from the atmosphere. The Product Lead in this area will set the strategy for the area, build the product, and work closely with the cross functional team of domain & science experts, engineers, designers, and operations team members.
You may be a fit if:
- You have impeccable product taste, and have shipped products that users rave about at scale
- You are willing to become an “anthropologist” and work with users directly to build the right product
- You are highly curious and want to understand a complex domain
- You have an extreme attention to detail, and a high bar for product excellence
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, and you must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done
- You can set up and drive stellar execution across product, operations, and go-to-market teams.
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or early inputs into solid action plans
- You are comfortable with analytics: you set product metrics, spend time thinking about complex data problems, and have great data intuition.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Experience with data products: background in statistics, complex data analysis, and/or data visualization
- 8-10 years of product management experience
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed’s return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in June 2021, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We’re particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one’s, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We’re also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We’re a COVID-cautious company. The office is open to vaccinated team members and we’ll continue to pay close attention to case rates to ensure it’s safe for everybody.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.Diversity & Inclusivity:
CULTIVATE A DIVERSE TEAM — We strive to build a company where people from all backgrounds feel welcomed and empowered to lead and succeed.
To apply for this job please visit watershed.com.