Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you’ll be interested in joining us!
We’re looking for a Strategic Sales Manager to oversee a team of Account Executives and bring Watershed to more companies. We’re at an inflection point: every large company is launching a climate program as pressure for action builds every day. You will be responsible for hiring, developing and supporting a team of exceptional Account Executives. As a founding member of our go-to-market organization, you’ll work directly with our Head of Global Revenue to help build the sales playbook, shape Watershed’s product, build a stellar team, and accelerate pipeline across North America.
- Lead team of Strategic Account Executive’s and recruit, interview, coach and mentor new hires to the team.
- Work with Watershed’s Head of Global Revenue to implement and carry out a sales go to market plan and strategy to meet/exceed pipeline generation and bookings targets set for the Strategic sales team.
- Coach Strategic Account Executives on prospecting/pipeline generation, sales calls, sales process, deal navigation and closing plans.
- Drive energy and grow a positive and collaborative culture that inspires teamwork, performance and achievement.
- Align with Marketing, Customer Success, and Partnership teams on sales strategy, along with high-quality onboarding and customer experiences between pre and post sales.
- Facilitate “Voice of the Customer” feedback loop between Sales and Product/Engineering,
- Marketing, Post-Sales and Support.
- Identify product and technology opportunities with Enterprise customers and present a point of view to Watershed’s Product and Leadership Team.
- Oversee day-to-day Strategic Account Executive activity while setting clear expectations and managing performance goals.
- Accurately report out on team’s performance, KPIs, customer insights, roadblocks and sales forecast.
- 7+ years of experience in managing and hiring a high performing Strategic Sales team for a Saas technology company as well as prior experience being an Strategic seller.
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to give and receive feedback thoughtfully.
- Passion for coaching others with a successful track record as an individual contributor and can share relevant and complex closing experience with a growing team.
- A track record of sales excellence, especially with enterprise customers at an executive level.
- Excitement to lead from zero to one. You love to build things from scratch— creating new playbooks for navigating organizations and ways to tell the Watershed story.
- Deep experience being a consultative seller. You listen deeply to customers and excel by helping them solve their problems.
- A love of going deep on new domains. You’ve sold products in complex or technical fields, and relish becoming an expert on your subject matter. You’re voraciously curious. You’re excited to learn everything about climate and help companies navigate this space.
- A track record of doing what it takes to get things done. You’ve accomplished things that others thought were impossible. You’re relentlessly resourceful.
- Experience in high-growth, fast-paced startup environments, preferably with hybrid remote and in-office teams
- A desire to join a startup, take responsibility for the fate of the company, and move fast.
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed’s return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in June 2021, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We’re particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one’s, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We’re also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We’re a COVID-cautious company. The office is open to vaccinated team members and we’ll continue to pay close attention to case rates to ensure it’s safe for everybody.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.Diversity & Inclusivity:
CULTIVATE A DIVERSE TEAM — We strive to build a company where people from all backgrounds feel welcomed and empowered to lead and succeed.
To apply for this job please visit watershed.com.