Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you’ll be interested in joining us!
As an early member of the marketing team, you’ll help lay the groundwork for a world-class product marketing function. Partnering closely with the product and sales teams, you will define messaging and positioning, create compelling materials for sales teams and marketing campaigns, and launch new products, features, and solutions to a hungry, competitive market.
Our ideal candidate will have strong positioning chops, with a particular eye for differentiating products in highly competitive, fast-moving markets. We’re looking for an excellent communicator and skilled collaborator with a passion for (even if you’re not yet an expert in) climate topics.
- Lead product marketing for the core Watershed platform, including driving key launches, developing messaging and positioning, creating marketing and sales collateral, and providing subject-matter expertise
- Source and synthesize audience, customer, and market insights to inform product and GTM strategy for the core platform
- Produce a high volume of high-quality content that brings our value proposition, key differentiators, and customer evidence to life
- Develop compelling enablement materials that equip GTM teams (sales, CS, and others) to effectively sell and evangelize Watershed
- Be a subject-matter expert on the product strategy, roadmap, and features of our core platform, and use your knowledge to enable other teams within Watershed
- Build and reinforce a culture of diversity, inclusion, and high performance
- Experience defining and driving product marketing for B2B enterprise software products, particularly in complex, fast-moving markets
- A customer-first mindset that translates into crisp, differentiated messaging & positioning
- Comfort with fast-paced, scrappy environments, with a bias for action and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done
- A deep interest in how software products work, particularly when it comes to climate, combined with a growth mindset
This position can be in our SF or NYC offices, or remote in the US
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed’s return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in June 2021, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We’re particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one’s, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We’re also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We’re a COVID-cautious company. The office is open to vaccinated team members and we’ll continue to pay close attention to case rates to ensure it’s safe for everybody.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.Diversity & Inclusivity:
CULTIVATE A DIVERSE TEAM — We strive to build a company where people from all backgrounds feel welcomed and empowered to lead and succeed.
To apply for this job please visit watershed.com.