- This event has passed.
Preparing for Difficult Conversations
May 25 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
We all have to deal with uncomfortable situations at work. This could be telling a client that a project is delayed, handling a disagreement with a colleague or dealing with performance-related issues.
Instigating a difficult situation can feel daunting, especially when the stakes are high and we’re unsure as to how the discussion will be received.
Tackling difficult conversations at an early stage can help prevent situations from escalating, and can help maintain a good working relationship with colleagues.
In this interactive panel discussion with seasoned leaders, we’ll be covering best practices and practical strategies on:
- When and how to have difficult conversations at work
- How to manage the exchange so it goes as smoothly as possible
- How to develop the right skills, mindset and behaviours to handle the conversation effectively to deliver a successful conclusion.
Whether you’re an individual contributor or a leader, this panel discussion will provide some useful strategies which can be used where a difficult conversation is anticipated.
Meet the panellists:
- Morgan Lewis | Sr. People Operations Manager, GBG
- Morta Tyree | Technical Program Manager, Monzo
- Caris Young | Talent Acquisition Lead, Gousto
- Moderated by Angie Vaux | Founder & CEO, Women in Tech forum
Non-members can reserve tickets via Eventbrite.